Smiling may seem like nothing more than a simple response to our surroundings, but it is so much more than that. Here are five great reasons to keep on grinning.
1. It can make you happy. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” But, really, think about it. Have you ever just tried smiling when you’re not feeling quite up to par? Instant mood boost!
2. It can make others happy. Smiling is contagious, so go out and start a happiness epidemic.
3. It’s your best accessory. Everyone looks more confident with a big, bright smile. Smiling is definitely the new black.
4. It might help you live longer. Studies have shown that smiling can relieve stress, lower blood pressure, and boost your immune system. What’s not to love about that?
5. It’s free. “A smile costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give. It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.” Free smiles. Pass them along!