If you are about to begin treatment with Invisalign, there are some simple instructions that Carter Orthodontics will give you when you receive your first aligners. If you’d like to read them before then, you’re in luck.
- Wear each set of aligners 20-22 hours every day. The longer you keep them in, the better!
- Wear each set of aligners no less than 2 full weeks, unless otherwise instructed.
- You can add extra days if you have not worn them as instructed.
- You can drink with the aligners in, but do not eat or chew gum unless you remove them.
- Write the date that you change your aligner on the bag so you don’t lose track of time.
- Keep them clean with a toothbrush and toothpaste, but do not soak them in mouthwash.
- To disinfect your aligners, cover them with anti-bacterial soap for 10 minutes then rinse them off and brush them as usual.
- If an attachment comes off, let us know on your regular appointment.
- If your aligners aren’t staying in place, let us know on the next business day.
- If you have a rough spot on any edge of the aligner, try a nail file to smooth the spot.
- Do not throw away any aligner, bring them all in with you at each appointment.
- If you lose or break a tray, call us. We’ll let you know the next steps.
- If you have any other questions, feel free to call us!
If you would like to schedule an appointment for Invisalign, contact Carter Orthodontics right away!